No-code tools open up a world of automation possibilities. However, you have to start with something, and if you decided to supercharge your Google Sheets, you’ve likely heard out of Sheety. Unfortunately, it’s not perfect, so we’re here to show you a few fantastic alternatives to Sheety for no-code automation.
Let’s dive in!
|Use case||Turn spreadsheets into web apps, chatbot conversation databases, websites, CMS’s, and more!||Great for building websites (but doesn’t use an API).||Great for BizOps and enterprise workflow automation.||Best for very basic no-code automation; collect form data or build a database.||Great for SaaS data and enterprise workflow automation.|
|Standout feature||Incredibly easy to use.||Include pictures, filters, and other website development elements.||Drag & drop library and templates.||Request (paid) help from a developer.||Visualize your SaaS data.|
|Pricing||Free plan; paid plans start from $9,99/mo.||No free plan; paid plans start from $14/mo.||Free plan; paid plans start from $25/mo.||Free plan; paid plans start from $33/mo.||Pricing starts from $550/mo.|
How Does Sheety Help You?
With Sheety, you can turn your spreadsheets into Restful JSON APIs quickly and easily.
This means that you can read and write data to these spreadsheets using HTTP requests, so once you’ve turned your spreadsheet into an API, you can use it anywhere.
You can use your spreadsheets to power website content, as the backend for apps, build knowledge bases, and to rapidly develop prototypes. Sheety also provides a selection of templates that you can use to do all these things.
Sheety offers a range of pricing plans that suit a variety of budgets. These plans start at $9.99 per month for the More Sheety plan and goes up to $79.99 per month for the Extremely Sheety Pro plan.
Also, you can use a free plan to get started. (Keep in mind, though, that this plan is quite limited in that it only allows 200 requests per month and, more importantly, only allows 100 rows per sheet.)
So while it is a handy tool, it may not be the best option for your needs — or your budget. Our team’s rolled up their sleeves to bring you 5 fantastic alternatives!
Top 5 Alternatives to Sheety for No-Code Automation
1 The Best Alternative to Sheety: sheet.best
sheet.best allows you to turn your Google Sheets and Excel spreadsheets into REST APIs in a matter of seconds. You can even upload a CSV to use in your API.
Once created, you can then use this API almost anywhere. Some common use cases of sheet.best include:
- Simple databases
- Customer support automation
- Content management systems
- Backends for applications
- Customer relationship management
- Chatbot response databases
Another benefit of sheet.best is its pricing.
sheet.best pricing starts at $9.99 per month for the Tiny account and goes up to $149.99 per month for the Production account. In between, there are several other pricing options that cater to a variety of budgets.
Also, the platform offers a free plan, and unlike the tools mentioned above, it has no limitations concerning how many rows your spreadsheet can have. With this plan, though, you get 100 requests per month.
“A lot of our clients are not tech experts,” Jorge explains. “If they need to manage a database, Google Sheets is a perfect solution to do that. With sheet.best, our bots get and post information in Google Sheets.”– Jorge Cisneros, B4B Company, on how his team uses sheet.best to lead more meaningful chatbot conversations
2. Sheet2Site: The Best Sheety Alternative for Building Websites
Sheet2Site takes the Sheety concept a step further by allowing you to build a website without writing any code.
With the tool, you can create beautiful websites from Google Sheet spreadsheets. You can also include pictures, text, filters, and links on these sites.
You can also embed Sheet2Site pages into your site if you already have one. Or, you can create an entire site from scratch using one of the platform’s templates. To use the tool, you’ll need to install its add-on into Google Sheets, which means that it doesn’t use an API. This can be a limiting factor in certain circumstances.
Sheet2Site Key Features:
- Pre-Built Templates: Sheet2Site offers numerous templates for various types of websites, including a cryptocurrency database, eCommerce, news, job boards, and more. This feature saves you time and effort, especially if you’re looking to get started quickly.
- Password Security: You can protect your website with password protection so only authorized users can access content on the site. This feature is particularly useful if you’re working with sensitive data or private information.
- Customization: Sheet2Site lets you customize your template to make it uniquely yours with custom CSS, fonts, colors, and other design elements on the page. This feature gives you complete creative control over your website’s appearance.
- Embed Media: You can add videos, images, and even maps to enhance the visitor experience. This feature helps to make your website more engaging and interactive.
- Custom Domains w/ SEO Tips: Sheet2Site lets you add custom domains to your website and provides SEO best practices to help your site rank on Google for better visibility and organic traffic. This feature ensures that your website is optimized for search engines, making it more discoverable and accessible to your target audience.
When it comes to pricing, Sheet2Site offers two pricing plans. The Basic plan starts at $14 a month and goes up to $24 a month for the Premium plan, both when paid annually.
“Despite its ambiguous name, the service is interesting for allowing you to create websites not only with pictures and texts but with filters and maps using only Google Sheets! The service has many templates with which you can quickly create the simplest online store, voting, or collection-based websites.” – Reddit user.
“I use this on my job board. It means I no longer have to pay to use Typeform or something similar so it saves me money every month! Nice new feature for Sheet 2 Site.” – Pete’s Sheet2Site review on Product Hunt.
3. Sheety No-Code Automation Alternative: Glide
For example, like Sheety, you can turn your spreadsheets into custom applications without writing a single line of code. To do this, the platform provides a wealth of templates that you can use.
It also offers a library of drag-and-drop components that you can implement into your application based on your unique needs and requirements. This, ultimately, means that you can build a suite of tools that meet your business’s unique needs and requirements.
Glide Key Features:
- Gorgeous Design: Glide offers a beautiful and modern design that makes your app look polished and professional right out of the box. This feature helps your app stand out and look great on any device.
- Pre-built Templates: With hundreds of templates, you can create and customize an app within minutes using only Google Sheets. This feature saves you time and effort and lets you create an app that looks and functions exactly how you want it to.
- Automations: Create custom workflows and automate tasks to make your app more efficient and effective.
- Integrations: Glide seamlessly integrates with your favorite tools and apps, including Stripe, Microsoft Teams, and more. This feature lets you expand your app’s capabilities and connect it to the tools you already use.
- Scalability: Easily add new features and functionality to your app as your business evolves. No need to worry about rebuilding your app from scratch as your business needs change.
Pricing starts at $25 per month for the Starter plan and goes up to $99 per month for the Pro plan. Business plans start at $99 per month for the Pro plan and go up to at least $799 per month for the Enterprise plan.
“We are an event agency working with live entertainment providers and I have been using Glide to build a mobile app for the artists we book at our events. Without any coding skill, I have been able to build it in 2 days, releasing it to our 100+ users and it has been a game-changer for our business.” – Mehdi B’s Glide review on G2.
“Glide is best for building MVPs for your business, or for building internal apps. You can create user accounts, store and display data from a database, and build complex logic. You can build apps like Tinder, Zillow, Headspace and more using Glide.” – Reddit user.
Like Sheety, Sheetsu turns Google sheets into APIs. With the platform, it’s as easy as copying the Google Sheets’ URL and pasting it into the tool. You’ll then get an API that you can use for almost anything.
For example, you can use it as a CMS for your website, the backend for a mobile or web application, for connecting lead information through a form, and even as a database for a simple website.
The platform also provides simple documentation and the option to ask for assistance from the developer should you run into any issues. Keep in mind, though, that you’ll need to pay for this support.
Sheetsu Key Features:
- Easy Setup: One of the best features of Sheetsu is its easy setup. You only need to copy and paste your Google Sheet URL into the tool, and it does the rest of the work for you. This feature makes it incredibly simple to get started with Sheetsu and start building your app right away.
- Built-in Collaboration Features: Sheetsu offers built-in collaboration features that make it easy to share and collaborate on your project with only Google Sheets. This feature ensures that your team is always on the same page and can work together seamlessly.
- Multiple Use Cases: Sheetsu is a flexible and versatile tool that can be used to build a variety of apps. You can use it to create a news site, track your favorite sports scores, build a weather widget, craft your restaurant menu, and much more. With Sheetsu, the possibilities are endless.
Pricing starts at $33 per month for the Basic option and goes up to $49 per month for the Premium option, both when paid annually. These prices go up by $6 and $10, respectively, when paid monthly. Also, Sheetsu offers a free plan that limits you to 200 requests per month and 20 rows per spreadsheet.
“I am only about a month into using Sheetsu. This is after about 2 years [of] trying and using other options none of which saved me time, or headache in updating and maintaining some projects. As [a] small business owner and a relative Novice or “learn as needed” coder I needed something that was time efficient and easy for me to use. Most importantly they have great documentation for someone who doesn’t “speak code” fluently and their support team is just very patient in helping someone like me learn to use their product.” – George Pagan’s Sheetsu review on Product Hunt
5. SaaS No-Code Automation: Actiondesk
Actiondesk allows you to import your data into the platform and then use the data in several SaaS platforms. When imported, you’ll work with your data and use formulas like you typically would with a normal spreadsheet.
From there, you can use it to automate your processes and make them more efficient, or you can analyze and extract insights from your data. The platform also provides several templates for common business processes.
ActionDesk Key Features:
- Familiar Features: With Actiondesk, you don’t have to worry about learning a new way to work with your data. The tool lets you use the same formulas and features you’re already using in your spreadsheets, so you can start analyzing and visualizing your data or creating automations right away.
- Pivot Tables: These tables let you dig deeper into your company data with real-time updates that refresh automatically.
- Easy Data Connections: Actiondesk makes it easy to connect multiple data sources and work with all your data in one place.
- Templates and Integrations: Actiondesk offers pre-built templates for 100s of tools and software– including MySQL, Google & Facebook Ads, Hubspot, Stripe, Salesforce, and more.
- Seamless Collaboration: Easily work together with your team in real time and share your table with other key stakeholders.
While the platform offers extensive features and benefits, they do come at a price. Pricing starts at $550 per month for the Startup plan and goes up to at least $1,000 per month for the Scale plan.
“Actiondesk is a powerful tool for data collection, processing and analysis. Its carefully developed interface brings out the graphical representations to perfection, automating certain actions by facilitating optimal data reporting in operations.” – Yanick T’s Actiondesk review on Capterra.
“[We’ve] use Actiondesk for months now. We built our Global KPIs reports with all of our most important metrics in [a] few sheets, using data from different DB. All of this without having to take time from our tech team. We can find our metrics with classical Excel/Gsheet functions skills and save [much] time.“ – Guillaume Laganier’s Actiondesk review on Product Hunt.
What’s the Best Alternative to Sheety?
It all depends on your use case! If you need help with enterprise workflow automation, you’ll love Glide and ActionDesk.
On the other hand, if all you need is to turn your spreadsheets into the back-end for your web app, check out sheet.best and Sheetsu.
If you’re ready to see how no-code automation can help, try sheet.best for free today!